April 10, 2010

try not to be jealous

Between thrifting and the 15 garage sales I went to this week, I found some pretty cool stuff. Check it out!

I love puzzles. You know it. I know it. This puzzle is particularly cool because of the oddly shaped puzzle pieces, and the way the picture props up in the box. Savers, 99 cents.
Sweet He-Man puzzle. Not sure if all the pieces are there yet.
Stupid Savers tapes all their boxes shut. 69 cents.

Duck Tales, Woo-ooh! Garage sale, $2.00

Vintage Snoopy book from 1966. Garage sale, 10 cents.

Garfield plastic cup. Estate sale, 25 cents.
I love this owl bell! Estate sale, 50 cents.

Not sure if I will ever play this, but I couldn't pass it up for a quarter.
And duh, who doesn't love the 80s??
The Wuzzles card game from 1985, complete. Garage sale, 50 cents.

Totally awesome Spirograph from 1976. Near complete, I believe it's just missing the pens, plus it has some extras. I paid a whole quarter for this, and it sells for around $20 on ebay.

And for my treasure find of the weekend... Thing Ding! I picked this up from a little old lady's garage sale for a buck. It's complete with original box from the 60s. The only thing wrong with it is the broken handle. Checked ebay and found this might be a rare game! There are a few "Buy It Now" listings, one listed at $150, and a near mint one listed for $375! I'm going to have to watch to see how much one of these actually goes for. To be continued...How cute are these little robot guys??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice finds! Spirograph's go for 20 dollars? My folks have 2 or 3 sets, and Grandma Anne has 1 (not that I would sell them or anything, they are way to fun to get rid of).

Is there a place that sells individual game parts? If you can replace the handle, I bet you can make the game near mint! -Carrie

Neal said...

We had those Alex Beard puzzles at work and almost bought one for you multiple times. Haha.